Check out any ‘top pizza in Sydney’ list and you’ll quickly see that Sydneysiders, like me, are spoiled for choice when it comes to authentic Italian pizza.
I’m lucky enough to have a couple of go-to pizzerias, run by Italian families, on my doorstep. One is Fourth Village Providore in Mosman, the other Fratelli’s in Cremorne. Both have roaring wood fired ovens and pride themselves on their ‘made with love’ pizza dough.
After a good few visits to Fratelli’s I had so many delicious looking pizza photos on my iPhone that I had to share them here. Perhaps I’ll regret this next time I’m waiting for a table on a busy Saturday night…..
Fratelli’s is Italian for ‘brothers’ – Fransesco and Charlie are brothers who’ve been making Italian-style pizza their entire lives. For a good chunk of this time they’ve also been sharing their pizza love with Lower North Shore locals. Fratelli’s pizza menu offers ample choice. In fact there’s over 20 options to choose from across bianco (white) and rosso (red) bases, all topped with high quality fresh ingredients.
Here are some of the pizzas I’ve feasted on recently…..
What makes Fratelli’s pizza so good? Well firstly the dough is light and crispy and secondly the toppings are generous without being overpowering. And not forgetting that the crust comes with a tempting amount of char and it surrounds a soft centre that makes every slice perfectly fold-able.
Vegetarians are well catered for at Fratelli’s – there’s a whole heap of pizza options that hero vegetables over meat. The Giardino – which means “garden” in English – is just one example. Here are a couple of my other top picks for vegetarians…….
Of course there’s plenty of salami, smoked ham, prosciutto for meat fans too……
So what else do you need to know?
- Fratelli’s doesn’t just do good pizza. They also offer a range of pasta dishes ($15-$20) – which also seem very popular. I say that because after many visits I still haven’t been tempted away from pizza.
- You’ll find Fratelli’s on a quiet corner of Cremorne Plaza, just moments from the Orpheum Picture Palace. With limited tables and a no bookings policy the wait for a seat is almost unavoidable at busy times.
- If you live locally and want to try Fratelli’s without leaving home you can order take-away – they deliver to neighbouring suburbs (or collect for a 10% discount).
- Pizza wouldn’t be pizza without a few wines or beers. Here’s where you need to arrive at Fratelli’s prepared – they’re not licensed but offer BYO for $2 per person.
- 41 Parraween Street, Cremorne, NSW 2090
- 02 9953 0004
- Open Tuesday to Friday 5.30pm – 10pm, Saturday 11.30am – 10pm, Sunday 11.30am – 9.30pm
You may also like:
- Da Orazio Pizza + Porchetta, Bondi
- Fourth Village Providore, Mosman
- Pizza topping ideas – my top 10 toppings